Real In-Depth Review of Jared Goetz's eCom Hacks Academy. Just how good is this dropshipping course? How does it compare to other courses?
Every single module is covered in this review with detail and the bonus features. This is the most comprehensive review out there.
- INTRODUCTION TO JARED
- WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE COURSE…
- THE eCOM HACKS COURSE BREAKDOWN
- MODULE 1: STRUCTURE
- MODULE 2: SETTING UP YOUR STORE TO CONVERT
- MODULE 3: PRODUCTS
- MODULE 4: ADVERTISING
- BONUSES AND SUPPLEMENTALS
- IS IT A WORTHWHILE COURSE?
- COURSE COMPARISONS
- Review Conclusion
- So what is the best online business platform?
- Why I believe that local lead gen is far superior than drop shipping:
INTRODUCTION TO JARED
First we have to start with who Jared Goetz is. Jared shot to fame in 2017 when his Shopify store was the second biggest seller next to Kylie Jenner. He made a whopping cool $2 mill in just 6 months! The store, The Gadget Snob, at one stage went on to make $5 million in sales in less than 12 months!!!
And since then he has been able to repeat his successes. Given, it’s not as big as the first one, but he clearly knows what he’s talking about.
So yes, it’s fair to call him an e-commerce guru. Or a Dropsurfing Hacker of note, if you like. One thing is for sure, the dude has an eye for cars. Oh, I forgot to mention that he’s even been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine as well…
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE COURSE…
eCom Hacks, is a course presented by Jared Goetz himself. He has an easy-going manner and doesn’t bore you with technical terms. He tells you what you need to know in a simple, no-nonsense way. The course content goes into detail about how to set up a successful e-com store, the “Dropsurfing” way.
- Jared covers EVERYTHING from A-Z on how to set up your first store – he even tells you which plugins to use!
- Which products to look at, where to get them and how to deal with order fulfillment.
- Jared’s tried and tested advertising and scaling method.
- The course includes 24 hours and 18 minutes worth of videos. (This however is not the amount of time it will take you to implement everything. That will take weeks…)
THE eCOM HACKS COURSE BREAKDOWN
MODULE 1: STRUCTURE
Module 1 is basically an introduction to e-commerce, specifically setting up a Shopify Store. Jared explains exactly
- how to go about getting a domain name,
- linking it to Shopify,
- getting a business email,
- setting up a call center 1-800 number,
- and linking your payment facilitators via Shopify and PayPal.
Module 1 is great for the beginner or those looking to refresh their existing knowledge of Shopify.
Jared shares some great behind-the-scenes tips, such as why it’s important to set up an aftersales number, and how to easily do it.
Total video time for the module: 53 minutes.
MODULE 2: SETTING UP YOUR STORE TO CONVERT
In Module Two, Jared gets into the meat of the course.
He shows you exactly how to set up your Shopify store. Jared shows you:
- how to install his preferred theme
- which apps to use on your site
- and why you’re using them.
A nice touch is taking you behind the scenes to show you which apps to use, how to install them, why he uses them and how to best utilize them.
Total video time for the module: 1 hour and 26 minutes.
MODULE 3: PRODUCTS
Module 3 covers the following:
- What To Look For In A Product
- Adding Products To Your Store
- Where To Find Products
- Order Fulfillment
In Module Three, Jared explains how to find the right products. He doesn’t spend time on finding new, trending products, but rather on building on the successes of others. You basically get coached on how to ride the wave of success, following in the wake of others who have new trending products. You need to decide for yourself whether this is the best strategy for you or not.
Personally, I don’t know if this is a great option. Others have already marketed and made sales on the product before you, so how much of the pie is still left. That’s if you’re even successful at marketing your product or coming in at a more competitive price…
This for me, sounds like a bit of a gamble and far from a sure-thing. Then again, not much is sure in the world of business, but you at least want to cut down on the variables.
Trying to flog existing, trending products as opposed to finding your own “next-great-must-have-thing”, is a bit like trying to sell a shiny thing that has already lost some of its shine. It’s possible, yes. But it’s going to be difficult…
Total video time for the module: 24 minutes
MODULE 4: ADVERTISING
Module 4 covers the following:
- From a Losing Product to a Winning Product in 6 Days
- How To Setup Your Facebook Page
- Setting Up Your Business Manager, Ad Accounts, and Page
- Campaign Structuring
- Facebook Ads 101 and 201 (by Jake Tenenbaum)
- Different Facebook Ad testing methods
- Scaling Strategies
- Manual Bidding Strategies
- Scaling Adsets Out To See Deeper
- Custom Audiences, Look-a-Likes, & Intersecting
As you progress through the course, this is probably the Module where you have to pay the most attention. Likewise, it is also the module where you get the most information. It is a lot to take in and taking your time and working through the steps methodically, are essential to getting your Ad Campaigns right. Do not skimp on this module. You’ll probably have to go through it more than once.
As you would expect in the final module of a course, this is the most valuable and comprehensive module. It goes into much more detail than the previous modules and covers more advanced subject matter.
Total video time for the module: 3 hours and 12 minutes.
BONUSES AND SUPPLEMENTALS
The eCom Hack Course also offers Bonus features and Supplemental documents for you to use.
I feel the Bonus Features are a bit of a hit and miss. Additional documents are a real bonus and a great resource. Some of the Bonus Content however is not so great.
- Bonus #1 is awesome. It is a complete course on it’s own (but longer than Jared’s main course…)
- Bonus #2 is a document with a link that was already given in Module 2… It cannot be seen as a bonus, and why it’s here is a mystery.
- Bonus #3 features the videos with the worse video quality in the entire course. Coming in at under 2 hours, it’s a strain on the eyes… Not a great bonus where that is concerned.
- Bonus #4 is a full stand-alone course on its own. It contains Mike Long’s Reverse Death Grip Strategy with the full 20 videos in the series. Course length: 6 hours 40 minutes
- Additional Documentation: a great resource! This is a worthy bonus.
Total video time for the Bonuses module: 18 hours and 23 minutes.
IS IT A WORTHWHILE COURSE?
If you are seriously considering going into dropshipping, then this is one of the better courses out there.
Jared Goetz is a proven dropshipping guru (or hacker), and has made millions using these same tried and tested methods.
The course is very user-friendly orientated and even a novice, who has no knowledge of the dropshipping module, will be able to work through and implement what is taught in the course.
Video Quality: 8/10 Good video quality. It’s not UHD, but it’s good enough for a monitor. Thumbs up! Video quality however, is not consistent throughout.
Sound: 7,5/10 Sound quality is generally good. At times though, there’s a slight echo when Jared talks and the same quality is not consistent throughout the course. Overall, not bad.
Content: 8.5/10 The initial info is very basic, but necessary.
As the course progresses however, you can see why Jared has made millions in e-commerce. He is very knowledgeable and thanks to his trial and tested methods, you know that it works.
The course is also set out in such a way that it is invaluable to both beginners and more advanced users.
Overall Impression: 8/10 If you feel the dropshipping business model is for you, then this is a great course to invest in!
HOWEVER: There are some issues.
- First and foremost is the fact that the course has not been updated since Jared’s initial success in 2017.
- You have to ask yourself whether these methods and strategies still work today?
- Is the dropshipping business model still viable? There will always be success stories out there, but they all seem to have happened a few years ago. Why is this?
- If you want to know more about the dropshipping cons, then click or tap here.
The alternative? If you want an online business that is not only sustainable, but offers a recurring monthly income, then my recommendation is here.
Biz Model: Dropshipping
“Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product.” – Shopify
Benefits of dropshipping
- You don’t buy, stock or store inventory
- Less risk because there is very little initial capital outlay
- Very little overheads
- Quick start-up
- Capitalize on fads, impulse buys and seasonal products
A quick comparison with other dropshipping courses:
DROPSHIP LIFESTYLE by Anton Kraly
Dropshipping business model with lots of ongoing support
eCOM HACKS BY JARED GOETZ
Dropshipping model relying on Facebook Advertising
AMAZON ASSASSIN by Matt Gambrell
Dropshipping business model, based on selling on Amazon
eCom Hacks by Jared Goetz is a great introduction course to the drop shipping model.
Despite Jared's success and credentials, this course should be seen as an introduction and not the be-all and know-all of drop shipping. A lot of it is very basic and although Jared shares a lot of his own methods and the tools that he uses (which are great tips), I still feel the course content is a little thin. Especially for the price tag...
Established drop shippers will not learn much from the course.
Another issue is that Jared only focuses on Facebook advertising, when there are so many other platforms to take advantage of as well.
All in all, not a bad course, but it certainly isn't the best.
What we like:
What we didn't like:
So what is the best online business platform?
In my opinion, local lead generation is by far the most superior online business model out there. Don’t get me wrong. Drop shipping can make you money. It has been proven to make millionaires within months.
BUT: It takes a LOT of hard work, a LOT of marketing skill and a LOT of luck to succeed. If you want to know more about my own personal drop shipping experience, then continue reading here. I spent well over a $100k in Facebook Ads, so I have been there, done that and got the T-shirt to prove it...
In my opinion, the best online business model for 2019 and beyond, is STILL local lead generation.
Why I believe that local lead gen is far superior than drop shipping:
- It’s not a business model based on fads, trends, fashion, the seasons or your star sign. It consistently performs, year after year and will continue to do so as long as there are business owners out there.
- It’s a lot less hassle. You don’t deal with suppliers, shipping companies, and customer issues. You deal with a handful of selected clients. (Yes, YOU choose them).
- Because it’s online, your overheads are low and you’re looking at much higher profit margins than any other online business model.
- You get FREE organic traffic from Google. There’s no daily ad spend.
- There’s no chance of market saturation. As long as there are new businesses out there, you’ll make money.