Over the last 2 years, my business partner and I went through a lot of dropshipping courses to improve our online stores.
In this review, I cover my 7 best dropshipping courses of 2020.
These are the "big guns" of dropshipping, and I not only rank them here, but I also offer full, in-depth reviews for each of these coaching programs.
As background, you should know that we've created two successful 6 figure Shopify eCommerce stores to date.
So, I do have some experience in the dropshipping business model.
But, this doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about dropshipping.
All I can offer is my personal opinion based on my own online business experience. (If you want some background info on my dropshipping business credentials, read up on my personal Shopify Case Study.)
I use the following criteria when I review dropshipping courses:
- Niche Research Training
- Shopify Training
- Clickfunnel Training
- Facebook Ads Training
- Support / Community
- Is the training up-to-date?
- Overall content
Hopefully, this review helps you pick the best online dropshipping class, that's right for you.
Each of these dropshipping courses have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. I will also highlight these in the review.
I have also included useful links to posts that will help you make an informed decision. You can refer to these resources from each course's detailed full review.
Finally, I cover what it takes to succeed with dropshipping, and how dropshipping compares against my Number One online business choice... Lead generation.
- My Top 7 Dropshipping courses of 2020
- 5.) Shopify Ninja Masterclass by Kevin David
- 4.) Drop Ship Lifestyle by Anton Kraly
- 3.) eCom Hacks Academy - Jared Goetz
- 2.) eCom Elites - Franklin Hatchett
- 1.) eCom Success Academy - Adrian Morrison
- So. Which Dropship Program is right for me?
- Brandable Niches - The key to Dropship Success in 2020
- A quick overview of my Shopify Case Study...
- My Dropshipping Experience Selling Shark Onesies
- Competitors stealing your dropshipping business
- So What the Heck is Lead Generation?
- In conclusion: What I learned about Dropshipping
My Top 7 Dropshipping courses of 2020
7.) Zero Up by Fred Lam
First and foremost, this is a unique dropshipping course.
Fred Lam not only teaches you about dropshipping, but his biggest selling point is an all-in-one Shopify Software Suite.
I love the idea behind the Zero Up software! You're supposed to start from the ground up and go from Zero to Hero in no time!
The premise is: you get custom made (exclusive to members), software that is specifically built to optimize your Shopify Store.
The software makes it easy for you to:
- find products
- load them on your store
- automatically takes your orders and places them with suppliers
- it automatically deals with the shipping and tracks the items for you, and
- supplies your customers with their tracking numbers
It also helps with your marketing and conversion campaigns, by
- creating pop-up ads on your site in the form of coupons, video, image or text blocks
- helps you easily create sales funnels
- helps integrate your marketing campaigns.
It sounds incredibly useful!
But does it deliver on its promises..?
The reality is this: all the Zero Up tools are great and it's super convenient to have them all in one place, BUT there are apps on the Shopify Store that do all of this better and cheaper...
And for me, the biggest problem is that's it's NOT the all-in-one suite it's advertised as - you still need to get additional apps to "fully" optimize your store. And at an additional $170 per month, I honestly don't feel it's worth all that initial expense for the course software...
The idea behind Zero Up is great. Who wouldn't want an all-in-one app suite that optimizes and helps automate your Shopify Store?
Fred's software does do it up to an extent. But you still need to get additional apps and that all adds to your monthly expenses.
6.) Oberlo 101 presented by Jessica Guzik
Before I dissect the Oberlo 101 course, you first need to know what Oberlo is.
Oberlo is an application, used in conjunction with an online Shopify store. Oberlo allows you to import dropshipped products (not only from AliExpress), into your Shopify Store. Oberlo also helps streamline the process of order fulfillment.
Before Oberlo, as a dropshipper, you had to manually load your products onto your Shopify Store (you can still do this if you want to).
This meant downloading images from AliExpress, then uploading them to your store, AND copying and pasting (and editing) your product descriptions. Oberlo has simplified this process greatly, by adding your products with their images and descriptions in only a few clicks.
The Oberlo App features are:
- Find Products to Sell Online – Through the Oberlo app itself, you can find millions of products to sell.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions – Oberlo has some useful features to help you make more informed decisions on product selection. These include the Order Volume feature, which lets you discover sales trends.
- Automate Your Dropshipping – with the Oberlo Google Chrome Extension, you can easily import a product to your online store with only a few clicks.
- There are many other features, such as Using Oberlo in a different language, Unlimited Monthly Orders, Monitor Product Inventory, Track Customer Orders, etc.
For a more comprehensive list of Oberlo features, you can visit their webpage here.
About the course
The Oberlo dropshipping course was launched on 14 August 2019 and contains updates up until October 2019.
The Oberlo 101 course is already cheap at $49.90, but Oberlo is currently offering a further 20% discount voucher. So, instead of the normal Oberlo course price of $49.90, you end up paying only $39.92.
What’s in the Oberlo course?
The course is broken down into 5 different modules. Each module contains its own video lessons (of just under 7 hours in total), and additional resources in the form of pdf documents, spreadsheets and, URL links.
The course is well set out and it is super easy to navigate and automatically picks up where we left off, as soon as we sign back in.
Jessica states that there are three things that "...make this course really special." They are:
- The course contains a lot of downloadable content in the form of spreadsheets and pdfs.
- All the resources that are mentioned during the course of a lesson such as tools, blogs, or links, are listed below the lessons for our reference. This means we will be able to use the exact same resources that Jessica uses during the lessons.
- During the course, we will also receive insights from successful online entrepreneurs, sharing their dropshipping knowledge with us.
Most notably, it's FB Ad Strategy leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, in my book, it's a fail if you spend over $1000 dollars in a 6 week period and only get 4 sales totaling under $100...
The Oberlo course also doesn't feature enough details on FD Ad Scaling and does not cover sales funnels / remarketing at all.
Oberlo 101 is a well-thought-out and presented course, that covers most of the dropshipping basics. At $49.90 / $32.92, this course is a steal!
So, it's good enough to set up the basics, but after that, you'll need to invest in another course.
Sadly, Oberlo's course is not comprehensive enough and leaves out key elements that are essential to your dropshipping success.
5.) Shopify Ninja Masterclass by Kevin David
Shopify Ninja Masterclass isn't the most comprehensive course out there but it is brilliant in its simplicity and getting you to take action.
If you are a proponent of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid), then this course will fit you like a glove.
Kevin is a no-nonsense, get-to-the-point kind of teacher. He flies through everything dropshipping related at a frenetic pace and you need to be sharp in order to keep up.
Luckily, he does offer soft copy documents for every module for your reference. Just a word of warning - not all the video course content is covered in the documents, and vice versa, so make sure to refer to both.
I recommend this course if you're the type to easily get overwhelmed by details. Or if you get bored easily. If you simply don't care about the details and just want to get going, then this course is tailor-made for you.
Just be warned - the entire course is fast-paced. And it has its shortcomings...
Shopify Ninja has a pretty affordable price tag and you get to connect with other like-minded ninja dropshippers in the FB group for support and help.
Fast and furious! In and out as quick as a ninja assassin. If you want to get a Shopify Store up and running as soon as possible, then this is the course for you.
It has it's shortcomings though - being so fast-paced, the course is without detailed explanations. Most of the content is a basic overview and nothing more.
4.) Drop Ship Lifestyle by Anton Kraly
Anton qualifies as an experienced drop shipping (that's how he spells it) coach. He's been doing drop shipping since 2012 and has made millions selling his online courses.
I hope you read that sentence carefully and it sunk in.
According to available info, confirmed by Anton himself, he made $3,68 million in revenue in three years before he sold his most successful dropshipping business. Since then it seems he has been solely focused on the course, Drop Ship Lifestyle, which brought in $3,5 million in 2016 alone...
After that information was shared on the public domain, Anton hasn't been forthcoming with any further financial information. It's not even known whether he still does drop shipping himself...
Back to the course though, which is his bread and butter. Anton definitely knows what he's talking about as he guides you through every step of his version of the drop shipping way.
Anton has a unique take on drop shipping, which is why DSL is such a popular course. Drop Ship Lifestyle proposes high-ticket drop shipping, as opposed to the traditional dropshipping approach.
It's different because you don't:
- hunt for fads/trending products all the time.
- You do not sell cheap products (so fewer returns/queries)
- You don't deal with Chinese vendors / manufacturers (fewer problems with shipping, quality, etc.)
I like this approach. It's much more appealing than selling low-ticket products where you have to sell huge quantities before making a decent profit. You also get to specialize in your niche.
You should consider this course if:
- You do not want to follow the rest of the drop shipping crowd.
- Anton suggests you sell high-end products to the upper-middle class, rather than cheap, mass-produced trending items that appeal to the masses.
- It's better to sell 1 x $1 000 item, than 1 000 x $1 items. Why? Less effort and more profit!
- There is also a Done-For-You option if you don't want to do all the leg-work yourself. Anton's team will get you up and running in no time.
I like that Drop Ship Lifestyle doesn't follow the traditional drop shipping approach and I have enjoyed some success with this method in the past.
It's a great method for specializing in a specific niche.
There are some drawbacks though:
- DSL's course content is not as comprehensive as some of the others, even though you pay a premium for the course...
- You don't use suppliers/vendors from China. Which makes it much more difficult to source your products from local suppliers.
3.) eCom Hacks Academy - Jared Goetz
Course length: 24 hours and 18 minutes. Price: $1,999
eCom Hacks is a course presented by Jared Goetz.
Jared is a proven dropshipping hacker and has successes with 7 figure stores using these same tried and tested methods.
Jared has an easy-going manner and doesn’t bore you with technical terms. He tells you what you need to know in a simple, no-nonsense way.
The course content goes into detail about how to set up a successful e-com store, the “Dropsurfing” way, which means surf the wave of other people's successes.
- Jared covers EVERYTHING from A-Z on how to set up your first store - he even tells you which plugins to use.
- The course teaches you which existing winning products to look at, where to get them and how to manage order fulfillment.
- Jared shares his tried and tested FB advertising and scaling method.
If you are seriously considering going into dropshipping, then this is one of the better courses out there.
There are some shortcomings though:
- I didn't like the fact that Jared urges you to use his own Shopify Theme though. It might limit you in the way of finding compatible Shopify apps, updates and support...
- I don't support the method of copying existing dropshippers and cloning their winning products. There are several drawbacks to this method, which I'll cover in more detail later in this review.
In its defense, eCom Hacks is extremely user-friendly and even a novice, who has no knowledge of the dropshipping module, will be able to work through and implement what is taught in the course.
Doing your FB Ads Manual Bidding according to Jared's method, can either make you a ton of cash or bankrupt you.
Jared said his method has made him a LOT of money, but it doesn't always work...
Can you take the chance when you're just starting out?
This method will cost you $1000 per day PER product. Jared once scaled up a single ad to $60k in a single day... What happens if it doesn't work?
2.) eCom Elites - Franklin Hatchett
Course length: 34 hours and 32 minutes. Price: $197
Yes, you read correctly. It only costs $197...
Does that mean eCom Elites is a terrible course?
Is it sub-par?
Does it have skimpy content?
Not at all!
eCom Elites is a lengthy, well-rounded course presented by Franklin Hatchett. It is one of the courses with the most comprehensive course content out there.
Franklin has been in the dropshipping game since way back in 2009 and is one of the authorities on the dropshipping business method.
From the very start, Franklin assures you that he wants his students to get their money's worth, and he certainly delivers on this promise. For the money you pay, this course is exceptional.
There are some areas that lack much-needed detail, and in others you feel the content is a little too "padded", but overall you cannot fault this course.
In fact, Franklin goes out of his way to include content you won't find in other courses. eCom Elites is truly a peerless, superbly informative course and the value for money AND amount of content is unrivaled.
In conclusion: If you're strapped for cash, but you are convinced that dropshipping is still the way to go in 2020 (in my opinion it's not, but more on that later), then this course is the real deal.
You might have to supplement it later with another course, but for starting out as a dropshipper, eCom Elites is recommended.
Franklin is still actively involved in dropshipping, which really makes him an expert in the field. He also shares tons of free information about dropshipping on his YouTube channel. So if you're unsure whether eCom Elites is for you, you can get a free taste for it by watching a few of his YouTube videos.
You'll be really hard-pressed to find another course with this amount of good content below $200. In fact, eCom Elites trumps just about all the other dropshipping courses with the amount of content and over-the-shoulder practical examples.
BUT, Franklin proposes a slow and steady FB Ad spend approach. This conservative approach can backfire if it's an existing, trending product that already has competition.
If another dropshipper sells the same product and spends more on ads, then he will get the bulk of your customers...
1.) eCom Success Academy - Adrian Morrison
Course length: 39 hours and 34 minutes. Price: $2,495