Over the last 2 years, my business partner and I went through a lot of dropshipping courses to improve our online stores.
In this review, I cover my 8 best dropshipping courses of 2020.
These are the "big guns" of dropshipping, and I not only rank them here, but I also offer full, in-depth reviews for each of these coaching programs.
All I can offer is my opinion based on my own online business experience. (If you want some background info on my dropshipping business credentials, read up on my personal Shopify Case Study.)
I use the following criteria when I review dropshipping courses:
- Niche Research Training
- Shopify Training
- Clickfunnel Training
- Facebook Ads Training
- Support / Community
- Is the training up-to-date?
- Overall content
Hopefully, this list helps you pick the best online dropshipping class, that's right for you.
Each of these dropshipping courses
I have also included useful links to posts that will help you make an informed decision. You can refer to these resources from each course's detailed full review.
Finally, I cover what it takes to succeed with dropshipping, and how dropshipping compares against my Number One online business choice... Lead generation.
- My Top 8 Dropshipping courses of 2020
- 8.) Zero Up by Fred Lam
- 7.) Oberlo 101 presented by Jessica Guzik
- 6.) Shopify Ninja Masterclass by Kevin David
- 5.) Drop Ship Lifestyle by Anton Kraly
- 4.) eCom Hacks Academy - Jared Goetz
- 3.) Ecom Empires - Nick Peroni
- 2.) eCom Elites - Franklin Hatchett
- 1.) eCom Success Academy - Adrian Morrison
- So. Which Dropship Program is right for me?
- Brandable Niches - The key to Dropship Success in 2020
- A quick overview of my Shopify Case Study...
- My Dropshipping Experience Selling Shark Onesies
- Competitors stealing your dropshipping business
- So What the Heck is Lead Generation?
- In conclusion: What I learned about Dropshipping
My Top 8 Dropshipping courses of 2020
8.) Zero Up by Fred Lam
Fred Lam not only teaches you about dropshipping, but his biggest selling point is an all-in-one Shopify Software Suite.
I love the idea behind the Zero Up software! You're supposed to start from the ground up and go from Zero to Hero in no time!
The premise is: you get custom made (exclusive to members), software that
The software makes it easy for you to:
- find products
- load them
- automatically takes your orders and places them with suppliers
- it automatically deals with the shipping and tracks the items for you, and
- supplies your customers with their tracking numbers
It also helps with your marketing and conversion campaigns, by
- creating pop-up ads on your site in the form of coupons, video, image or text blocks
- helps you easily create sales funnels
- helps integrate your marketing campaigns.
But does it deliver on its promises..?
The reality is this: all the Zero Up tools are great and it's super convenient to have them all in one place, BUT there are apps on the Shopify Store that do all of this better and cheaper...
And for me, the biggest problem is
The idea behind Zero Up is great. Who wouldn't want an all-in-one app suite that optimizes and helps automate your Shopify Store?
Fred's software does
7.) Oberlo 101 presented by Jessica
Before I dissect the Oberlo 101 course, you first need to know what Oberlo is.
Oberlo is an application used
Before Oberlo, as a dropshipper, you had
This meant downloading images from AliExpress, then uploading them to your store, AND copying and pasting (and editing) your product descriptions. Oberlo has simplified this process
The Oberlo App features are:
- Find Products to Sell Online
–Through the Oberlo app itself, you can find millions of products to sell.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions – Oberlo has some useful features to help you make more informed decisions on product selection. These include the Order Volume feature, which lets you discover sales trends.
- Automate Your Dropshipping – with the Oberlo Google Chrome Extension, you can easily import a product to your online store with only a few clicks.
- There are many other features, such as Using Oberlo in a different language, Unlimited Monthly Orders, Monitor Product Inventory, Track Customer Orders, etc.
For a more comprehensive list of Oberlo features, you can visit their webpage here.
About the course
The Oberlo dropshipping course was launched on 14 August 2019 and contains updates up until October 2019.
The Oberlo 101 course is already cheap at $49.90, but Oberlo is currently offering a further 20% discount voucher. So, instead of the normal Oberlo course price of $49.90, you end up paying only $39.92.
What’s in the Oberlo course?
The course is well set out and it is super easy to navigate and automatically picks up where we left off, as soon as we sign back in.
Jessica states that there are three things that "...make this course really special." They are:
- The course contains a lot of downloadable content in the form of spreadsheets and
- All the resources that
are mentioned during the course ofa lesson such as tools, blogs, or links, are listedbelow the lessons for our reference. This means we will be able touse the exactsame resources that Jessica uses during the lessons.
- During the course, we will also receive insights from successful online entrepreneurs, sharing their dropshipping knowledge with us.
Most notably, it's FB Ad Strategy leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, in my book, it's a fail if you spend over $1000 dollars in a 6 week period and only get 4 sales totaling under $100...
The Oberlo course also doesn't feature enough details on FD Ad Scaling and does not cover sales funnels / remarketing at all.
Oberlo 101 is a well-thought-out and presented course, that covers most of the dropshipping basics. At $49.90 / $32.92, this course is a steal!
So, it's good enough to set up the basics, but after that,
Sadly, Oberlo's course is not comprehensive enough and leaves out key elements
6.) Shopify Ninja Masterclass by Kevin David
Shopify Ninja Masterclass isn't the most comprehensive course out
If you are a proponent of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid), then this course will fit you like a glove.
Kevin is a no-nonsense, get-to-the-point kind of teacher. He flies through everything dropshipping related at a frenetic pace and you need to be sharp
I recommend this course if you're the type
Shopify Ninja has
Fast and furious! In and out as quick as a ninja assassin. If you want to get a Shopify Store up and running as soon as possible, then this is the course for you.
5.) Drop Ship Lifestyle by Anton Kraly
Anton qualifies as an experienced drop shipping (that's how he spells it) coach. He's been doing drop shipping since 2012 and has made millions selling his online courses.
I hope you read that sentence carefully and it sunk in.
After that information
Back to the course though, which is his bread and butter. Anton definitely knows what he's talking about as he guides you through every step of his version of the drop shipping way.
Anton has a unique take on drop shipping, which is why DSL is such a popular course. Drop Ship Lifestyle proposes high-ticket drop shipping, as opposed to the traditional dropshipping approach.
It's different because you don't:
- hunt for fads/trending products all the time.
- You do not sell cheap products (so fewer returns/queries)
- You don't deal with Chinese vendors / manufacturers (fewer problems with shipping, quality, etc.)
I like this approach. It's much more appealing than selling low-ticket products where you have to sell huge quantities before making a decent profit. You also get to specialize in your niche.
You should consider this course if:
- You do not want to follow the rest of the drop shipping crowd.
- Anton suggests you sell high-end products to the upper-middle class, rather than cheap, mass-produced trending items that appeal to the masses.
- It's better to sell 1
x$1 000 item,than 1 000 x$1 items. Why? Less effort and more profit!
- There is also a Done-For-You option if you don't want to do all the leg-work yourself. Anton's team will get you up and running in no time.
I like that Drop Ship Lifestyle doesn't follow the traditional drop shipping approach
It's a great method for specializing in a specific niche.
There are some drawbacks though:
- DSL's course content is not as comprehensive as
some of theothers, even though you pay a premium for the course...
- You don't use suppliers/vendors from China. Which makes it much more difficult to source your products from local suppliers.
eCom Hacks Academy - Jared Goetz
Course length: 24 hours and 18 minutes. Price: $1,999